Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Chatham
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 5:27 PM EST on March 08, 2014
Expires 4:46 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
913 am EST Sat Mar 8 2014
The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a
* small stream Flood Warning for...
southeastern Chatham County in central North Carolina...
northern Lee County in central North Carolina...
* until 1115 PM EST
* at 520 PM EST... State Highway patrol based in Raleigh reported
flooding in vicinity of the Deep River across southern Chatham and
northern Lee counties. Flood waters from the Deep River and its
tributaries have closed sections of r. Jordan Road and north plank Road.
This includes the following streams and drainages... Patterson
Creek... Big Buffalo creek... pocket creek... Cedar Creek... Georges
Creek... Hughes creek... Bush creek... Copper Mine creek and Little
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... as well as farm and country roads. Do not
attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Lat... Lon 3563 7898 3561 7900 3558 7892 3552 7898
3553 7915 3547 7936 3548 7936 3550 7934
3552 7937 3556 7937 3569 7907
The Flood Warning continues for
the Haw River near Bynum.
* At 9:00 am Saturday the stage was 12.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding was occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Impact... at 11.0 feet... the river widens up to 400 feet across. It
floods pasturelands on the right bank and Woodlands on the left.
The following are the latest observations and 7 am forecast stages
for the next several days...
fld observed forecast 7 am
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Bynum 11 12.6 Sat 09 am 10.6 8.1 6.9 6.2 5.8
To convert the above stage readings to above mean sea level (ft), add
the following to the stage:
Lat... Lon 3590 7918 3582 7911 3576 7905 3569 7916
Statement as of 3:49 AM EST on March 08, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Raleigh-Durham Intl Airport
a record rainfall of 1.72 inches was set at Raleigh-Durham Intl
Airport NC yesterday. This breaks the old record of 1.63 set in 1941.
- Alaska - Wind Chill Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report