Statement as of 9:35 PM EST on December 13, 2017
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 14, 2017
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST Thursday above
* locations... the central and southern mountains of western
North Carolina above 3500 feet elevation.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... winds will increase and continue through early
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.