Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Burke Mountains
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 10:40 AM EDT on July 31, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on August 01, 2014
... Flash Flood Watch in effect through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of northeast Georgia... western
North Carolina and upstate South Carolina... including the
following areas... in northeast Georgia... Elbert... Franklin...
Habersham... Hart... Rabun and Stephens. In western North
Carolina... Avery... Burke mountains... Buncombe... Caldwell
mountains... eastern McDowell... eastern Polk... greater Burke...
greater Caldwell... greater Rutherford... Graham... Haywood...
Henderson... McDowell Mountains... Macon... Madison... Mitchell...
northern Jackson... Polk mountains... Rutherford mountains...
southern Jackson... Swain... Transylvania and Yancey. In upstate
South Carolina... Abbeville... Anderson... greater Greenville...
greater Oconee... greater Pickens... Greenville mountains...
Greenwood... Laurens... Oconee mountains... Pickens mountains and
* Through Friday morning.
* Increasing moist southeast flow will support heavy precipitation
across the warned area.
* Water levels are expected to rise in streams and creeks across
the warned area. Poorly drained urban areas... and low lying
areas near streams and creeks... will be especially vulnerable to
flooding. Ponding of water on roads will be possible as well.
The area from Anderson to Greenville in South Carolina will see
the first impacts... as heavy rainfall has already occurred there.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report