Statement as of 4:11 AM EDT on October 20, 2018
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on October 21, 2018
... Wind Advisory in effect from 8 PM this evening to noon EDT
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Wind Advisory, which is in effect from 8 PM this evening to
noon EDT Sunday.
* Locations... Rutherford and Polk mountains.
* Hazards... very windy conditions.
* Timing... tonight through early Sunday.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts... gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.