Statement as of 3:46 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 17, 2018
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST this
... Winter Weather Advisory is cancelled...
* what... expect wind chills below zero degrees.
* Where... portions of north and west central Alabama.
* When... the Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect through 9 am
* Additional details... the cold wind chills will cause frostbite
in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Statement as of 6:28 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am CST
* temperatures... a range of 4 to 20 degrees is expected through
this morning. A range of 12 to 19 degrees is expected Thursday
morning. Temperatures will not go above freezing throughout the
* Impacts... prolonged exposure to these temperatures could
result in exposed water pipes freezing and possibly bursting,
as well as killing sensitive vegetation.
A hard freeze warning means temperatures of 15 to 20 degrees or
below are imminent or highly likely.