Statement as of 3:46 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 17, 2018
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until 8 am CST this
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 9 am CST this
* what... snow expected. Very cold wind chills expected. Plan on
difficult travel conditions. Total new snow accumulations one-
half to one inch, with locally higher amounts along the I- 85
corridor. Expect wind chills in the single digits.
* Where... portions of southeast central Alabama.
* When... for the Winter Weather Advisory, through 8 am CST
Wednesday. For the Wind Chill Advisory, through 9 am CST
* Additional details... be prepared for reduced visibilities at
times. The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little
as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Statement as of 6:28 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 9 am CST
* temperatures... a range of 4 to 20 degrees is expected through
this morning. A range of 12 to 19 degrees is expected Thursday
morning. Temperatures will not go above freezing throughout the
* Impacts... prolonged exposure to these temperatures could
result in exposed water pipes freezing and possibly bursting,
as well as killing sensitive vegetation.
A hard freeze warning means temperatures of 15 to 20 degrees or
below are imminent or highly likely.