Statement as of 2:10 PM MDT on May 24, 2018
Expires 10:00 PM EDT on May 26, 2018
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon
through Saturday evening for strong and gusty southwest winds, low
relative humidity and a very high fire danger for fire weather
* affected area... the Fire Weather Watch covers the northern half
of fire weather zone 153.
* Timing... Saturday afternoon into early evening.
* Winds... sustained 20-foot winds from the southwest at 15 to
25 mph with gusts around 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... minimum humidity values will range from 6
to 12 percent.
* Impacts... any fires that develop or are ongoing will have the
potential to spread rapidly.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area... visit
weather.Gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards icon.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the
field of the Fire Weather Watch for portions of Southeast
Visit US on facebook... twitter... youtube... and at weather.Gov/Tucson