Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Francisco
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 9:04 PM PDT on October 20, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on October 22, 2014
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect through late Tuesday
* location... coastline from Sonoma County south through Monterey
County. In particular west and northwest facing beaches...
including but not limited to... Ocean Beach... Montara State
Beach... Half Moon Bay state beach... Manresa State Beach and
Marina state beach.
* Timing... through Tuesday night.
* Impacts... large breakers with increased risk of rip currents
and sneaker waves.
A beach hazard statement for rip currents means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
Rip currents are typically more frequent and stronger in the
vicinity of jetties... inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a
rip current should swim parallel to the coast to escape the rip
current before trying to swim for shore. Swimmers should always
swim near a lifeguard.
A beach hazard statement for sneaker waves means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of unsuspecting beach
goers being swept into the sea by a wave. People walking along
the beach should never turn their back to the sea. Fisherman
should avoid fishing from rocks or jetties.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Wind Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report