Statement as of 9:28 PM PST on December 16, 2017
Expires 11:00 PM EST on December 17, 2017
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 8 am to 8 PM PST
Sunday for gusty winds and low humidity for portions of San
Bernardino... Riverside... and Orange counties...
* wind... areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 50 mph late tonight through Sunday morning... decreasing
Sunday afternoon and evening. Isolated gusts to 60 mph possible
in the wind prone passes and canyons.
* Location... strongest winds through the passes and canyons with
lowest humidity in portions of the inland Empire into Orange
* Humidity... around 12 to 15 percent.
* Timing... strongest winds Sunday morning with lowest humidity
late Sunday morning through Sunday afternoon.
* Outlook... winds will weaken Sunday night and Monday.
* Fire weather impacts... any fires that develop may spread
* Wind impacts... hazardous driving conditions for high profile
vehicles. Blowing dust may locally reduce visibility below
one mile at times. Debris on roadways and falling tree
branches are possible.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... .or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat can contribute to
extreme fire behavior.