Statement as of 1:31 PM PST on February 21, 2018
Expires 1:00 PM EST on February 23, 2018
... Wind Advisory in effect from 10 am Thursday to 10 am PST
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect from 10 am Thursday to 10 am PST
* Winds... southwest to west 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph,
locally gusting to 55 mph at times.
* Timing... winds increase lat Thursday morning and continue into
* Location... mainly the mountain ridges and adjacent desert
* Impacts... strong winds will make travel difficult for high-
profile vehicles. Blowing dust and sand may reduce visibility in
desert areas at times.
* Outlook... winds weakening Friday afternoon.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.