Current Watches and Warnings
California, Northern Monterey Bay
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 8:57 PM PDT on September 16, 2014
Expires 2:00 PM EDT on September 17, 2014
... Beach hazards statement now in effect through Wednesday
* location... coastal sections of Marin and Santa Cruz counties.
In particular south and southwest facing beaches... including
but not limited to... Stinson Beach... Santa Cruz boardwalk
beach and Twin Lakes Beach.
* Timing... through at least Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... increased risk for dangerous rip currents.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a beach hazard statement for
rip currents means that conditions are present to support a
heightened risk of strong rip currents. Rip currents are
typically more frequent and stronger in the vicinity of jetties...
inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a rip current should swim
parallel to the coast to escape the rip current before trying to
swim for shore. Swimmers should always swim near a lifeguard.
Please visit the following website to share your thoughts on the
new beach hazards statement...
- Alaska - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Dense Fog Advisory
- Michigan - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- New York - Freeze Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Record Report
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement