Statement as of 4:33 AM EST on January 17, 2018
Expires 10:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to 10 am
* what... very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills over
a prolonged period could result in hypothermia. Expect wind
chills to range from 15 to 20 degrees from Brooksville to the
* Where... portions of northern Florida including the Nature Coast.
* When... from 7 PM this evening to 10 am EST Thursday.
* Additional details... limit time outdoors and dress in warm
layers of clothing to protect yourself from the cold. Remember
to bring pets indoors.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Hypothermia can occur if
precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
Statement as of 3:58 AM EST on January 17, 2018
Expires 9:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
... Hard freeze watch remains in effect from this evening through
* temperature... 20 to 26 degrees
* duration... 8 to 12 hours
* impacts... damage to sensitive vegetation and livestock. Exposed
water pipes may rupture.
A hard freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.