Statement as of 2:48 AM EST on November 19, 2017
Expires 7:00 AM EST on November 19, 2017
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST this morning...
... Freeze warning in effect from 10 PM this evening to 9 am EST
The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a
freeze warning, which is in effect from 10 PM this evening to
9 am EST Monday. The freeze watch is no longer in effect.
* Temperatures... upper 20s late Sunday night into Monday morning.
* Locations... north Georgia including Atlanta Metro.
* Winds... northwest winds 20 to 25 mph with higher gusts.
* Timing... until 7 am today for Wind Advisory. Freeze warning is
from 10 PM Sunday to 9 am Monday.
* Impacts... strong winds will bring down large tree limbs and
some weaker trees. Unsecured outdoor items may be blown
around. Impacts from freezing temperatures include damage to
sensitive vegetation. Take steps to protect plants from the
cold. Also take steps to protect pets from the cold
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or
highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other
A Wind Advisory means that sustained wind speeds of at least
20 mph... or gusts to 35 mph or stronger are expected. Winds this
strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile
vehicles. Use extra caution.