Current Watches and Warnings
Georgia, Inland McIntosh
Statement as of 9:19 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 9:19 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
The Flood Warning continues for
the Altamaha river at Everett city.
* From Saturday afternoon until further notice... or until the warning
* At 8:15 am Friday the stage was 11.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by tomorrow early afternoon and
continue to rise to near 12.8 feet by Wednesday early afternoon.
* Impact... at 12.0 feet... agricultural and Timber lands flooded. Water
begins to encroach upon Altamaha Park.
* Impact... at 10.0 feet... river begins coming out of channel banks
inundating low lying bottomlands.
Fld observed 7am EST / 8am EDT forecast
location stg stg day time Sat sun Mon Tue Wed
Everett cit 12 11.5 Fri 08 am 11.8 12.5 12.6 12.6 12.7
Lat... Lon 3152 8172 3139 8162 3130 8144 3138 8142 3143 8155 3155 8162
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 3:59 PM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on April 19, 2014
327 PM EDT Fri Apr 18 2014
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor drainage areas in...
eastern McIntosh County in southeast Georgia...
* until 530 PM EDT
* at 353 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
heavy rain occurring along a line extending from Shellman Bluff to
17 miles south of Wolf Island.
This rain may drop between 1 to 2 inches through 530 PM... which
may lead to minor flooding of low lying and poor drainage areas.
* Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to...
Shellman Bluff... Valona... Wolf Island... Sapelo Island... Raccoon
Bluff... Blackbeard Island... Harris Neck...
This heavy rainfall will result in significant ponding of water on
area roads and in low spots. Slow down to reduce the risk of
hydroplaning. If water covers the entire roadway or is flowing... find
another Route. The water is probably much deeper than it appears and
only one foot of water can stall a vehicle. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3128 8141 3131 8134 3130 8142 3133 8145
3165 8144 3165 8142 3165 8127 3160 8119
3152 8117 3137 8126 3138 8128 3143 8132
3132 8125 3129 8129 3130 8133 3128 8132
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through late tonight...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of southeast Georgia and southeast South Carolina...
including the following areas... in southeast Georgia...
coastal Bryan... coastal Chatham... coastal Liberty... coastal
McIntosh... Evans... inland Bryan... inland Chatham... inland
Liberty... inland McIntosh... long and Tattnall. In southeast
South Carolina... Beaufort... Charleston... coastal Colleton and
* Through late tonight
* widespread rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches with locally higher
totals are expected through tonight. The heaviest rainfall will
occur from late this afternoon through early Saturday morning.
Of significant concern is the fact that torrential rainfall is
expected late this evening around the time of an above normal
high tide. This could result in significant flooding concerns in
coastal low-lying areas including downtown Charleston and
* Flooding could occur quickly... especially in low-lying and
poor drainage areas. Driving could become hazardous as some
area roadways could become impassable due to high water...
especially in urban areas like downtown Charleston and
Savannah around the time of high tide.
Be prepared to protect life and property... especially in areas
prone to flooding. If flooding develops... move to higher ground
immediately. If driving... be prepared for flooded roadways and
possible Road closures.
- Alabama - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning
- Florida - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning
- New York - Flood Warning
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Wind Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Special Statement