Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Kauai Leeward
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 4:08 PM HST on September 19, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on September 20, 2014
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Kauai in Kauai County
* until 700 PM HST
* at 405 PM HST... radar showed pockets of moderate to heavy rain
over the island of Kauai... with rain gages indicating rainfall
rates near two inches per hour in the heaviest showers. As some of
the heavy showers are upslope over interior Kauai... all streams on
the island are likely to see a rise in water levels through early
* This advisory is for the entire island of Kauai.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
Lat... Lon 2205 15982 2223 15970 2226 15932 2202 15927
2185 15935 2188 15975
Statement as of 4:34 PM HST on September 19, 2014
... Record high temperature set at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 90 degrees was set at Hilo hi today.
This breaks the old record of 89 set in 1974.
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Frost Advisory
- Michigan - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report