Current Watches and Warnings
High Surf Warning
Statement as of 3:40 PM HST on March 08, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on March 09, 2014
... High surf warning remains in effect until 6 am HST Sunday...
A high surf warning remains in effect until 6 am HST Sunday.
* Surf... 20 to 25 ft along north facing beaches. 12 to 20 ft along
west facing beaches.
* Timing... the surf will slowly diminish tonight and drop to
advisory levels Sunday.
* Impacts... very high... expect ocean water surging and sweeping
across beaches... and coastal benches. Powerful longshore and
rip currents will be present at most beaches. Large breaking
waves and strong currents may impact Harbor entrances and
channels causing challenging boat handling.
These dangerous conditions mean that only highly experienced
persons should enter the water. Inexperienced persons should
remain off beaches and adjacent beachfront areas. Large breaking
surf... significant shorebreak... and dangerous currents make
entering the water very hazardous. Anyone entering the water
could face significant injury or death.
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Wind Chill Advisory , Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning
- Idaho - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Minnesota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- New Hampshire - Special Weather Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Warning
- Texas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement