Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Big Island Summit
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 6:26 PM HST on September 29, 2014
Expires 3:30 AM EDT on September 30, 2014
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flood Advisory for the island of Hawaii in Hawaii County
* until 930 PM HST
* at 618 PM HST... radar showed heavy rain near Punaluu in the Kau
district... or about 25 miles southwest of Hilo. The area of heavy
rain was nearly stationary.
* Other locations in the advisory include but are not limited to Wood
Valley and Pahala.
Stay away from streams... drainage ditches and low lying areas prone
Rainfall and runoff will also cause hazardous driving conditions due
to ponding... reduced visibility and poor braking action.
Do not cross fast flowing or rising water in your vehicle or on foot.
Turn around... Don/T drown.
This advisory may need to be extended beyond 930 PM HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 1902 15573 1928 15559 1937 15545 1925 15531
1911 15548 1894 15565
High Wind Advisory
Statement as of 3:36 AM HST on September 25, 2014
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Wind Advisory now in effect until noon HST today...
The Wind Advisory is now in effect until noon HST today.
* Winds... east 35 to 50 mph with localized gusts near 60 mph.
* Timing... until noon HST today.
* Impacts... winds this strong can make driving difficult...
especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of at least 45 mph...
or gusts of at least 55 mph... are expected. Motorists should be
Statement as of 5:18 PM HST on September 29, 2014
... Record high temperature tied at Hilo hi...
A record high temperature of 89 degrees was tied at Hilo hi today.
This ties the old record of 89 set in 1974.
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- California - Freeze Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Freeze Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Guam - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , High Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Kentucky - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Hampshire - Record Report
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Record Report
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Tennessee - Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Weather Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Washington - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement