Current Watches and Warnings
Dense Fog Advisory
Statement as of 5:53 AM CDT on October 25, 2014
Expires 11:00 AM EDT on October 25, 2014
... Dense fog advisory in effect until 10 am CDT this morning...
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a dense fog
advisory... which is in effect until 10 am CDT this morning.
* Visibility... in dense fog will be reduced to one-quarter mile
or less at times.
* Impacts... include sudden reductions in visibilities... especially
in low-lying areas.
A dense fog advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile. If driving... slow down.
Use your headlights and leave plenty of distance ahead of you.
Statement as of 7:30 PM CDT on October 24, 2014
... Record high temperature was tied at Russell KS today...
At Russell... the high temperature reached 86 degrees today. This
ties the old record that had been set for October 24th in 2011.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 6:00 AM CDT on October 25, 2014
... On this date in weather history...
In 2012... Hurricane Sandy... soon to be known as super
storm Sandy... began a 6 day rampage along the entire East
Coast from Florida to Maine. Her effects would
eventually be felt as far west as West Virginia and
Wisconsin. Reaching peak intensity as a category 3
hurricane when she hit Cuba... she reached the United
States when she made landfall in South Florida as a
tropical storm. Flooding and beach erosion were
obviously significant.Details on Sandy's effects from
the Carolinas to the northeast United States are
discussed for the dates on which these areas were
In 1919... Bismarck North Dakota experienced its earliest
below zero temperature and by quite a margin. The
Mercury plunged to 10 below zero.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , High Wind Watch , Blizzard Watch
- Arizona - Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report