Statement as of 3:46 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 12:00 PM EST on January 17, 2018
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 11 am CST this
* timing... dangerous wind chills will continue through late
* wind chill values... from 10 to 15 degrees and as low as 2 to 6
* Main impact... low wind chills may result in frostbite in as
little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors, make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
Statement as of 3:35 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 11:15 AM EST on January 17, 2018
409 PM CST Tue Jan 16 2018
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until 11 am CST this
* temperature... low temperatures of 15 to 20 degrees.
* Impacts... prolonged exposure to these conditions may result in
hypothermia and frostbite and could harm pets and outdoor
animals. Exposed pipes and those along exterior walls will
have the potential to freeze. Sensitive vegetation exposed to
these temperatures will be killed.
A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are
imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and
other sensitive vegetation.