Statement as of 3:56 AM EST on January 16, 2018
Expires 9:00 AM EST on January 17, 2018
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 am to 9 am EST
* what... snow expected. Plan on slippery Road conditions. Total
snow accumulations of 2 to 3 inches are expected.
* Where... South Coast of Rhode Island and Massachusetts, including
westerly, Newport, Fall River and New Bedford.
* When... late tonight and early Wednesday.
* Additional details... light snow will overspread the region after
midnight and may be briefly heavy toward daybreak. The snow will
quickly change to rain by mid morning. Be prepared for hazardous
travel late tonight and early Wednesday.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means periods of snow will
cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest Road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Statement as of 4:36 PM EST on January 15, 2018
Expires 1:00 PM EST on January 16, 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Taunton river near Bridgewater.
* Until Tuesday afternoon... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 3:45 PM Monday the stage was 9.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
tomorrow mid morning.
* Impact... at 9.0 feet... backwater flooding from the Taunton river
will cause flooding of lower purchade brook in Middleboro. This
will cause woloski park to become impassable by most vehicles for
an extended period of time. Beware of the dangers of crossing
flooded roadways. The water may be deeper than you think.
Floodwaters have the ability to damage roadways. Heed the advice of
local officials, and evacuate if asked to do so.
Lat... Lon 4182 7119 4202 7097 4194 7087 4177 7110