Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Northeast Aroostook
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 11:59 PM EDT on April 17, 2014
Expires 11:30 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
... The Flood Warning remains in effect until 1130 am EDT Friday for
north Central Aroostook County...
**a Flood Warning means that flooding is imminent or has been
reported. All interested parties should take necessary precautions
* Emergency management officials reported the ice jam has begun to
move downstream toward Fort Kent. Voluntary evacuations were done
for 5 homes in Saint Francis right along the river for safety
purposes. Latest reports were that river levels were dropping in
Saint Francis back toward the Allagash. The Department of
Transportation will be out to begin reopening Route 161 from Saint
Francis to Allagash. Kelly's crossing near Saint Francis still has
water covering the Road but it was starting to recede.
* Persons living along the Saint John river from Saint Francis
downstream to Fort Kent need to remain vigilant with the ice moving.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
To report flooding... have the nearest law enforcement agency relay
your report to the National Weather Service forecast office.
Lat... Lon 4715 6900 4719 6883 4714 6879 4707 6896
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:06 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
Expires 8:00 AM EDT on April 18, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect until 8 am EDT this morning...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of east central Maine and northern Maine... including
the following areas... in east central Maine... central
Penobscot... northern Penobscot and southern Penobscot. In
northern Maine... northeast Aroostook... Northwest Aroostook and
* Until 8 am EDT this morning
* ice was moving on the Saint John river through Madawaska toward
grand ilse. Much of river was open outside this ice movement all
the way down into Hamlin. The ice could become locked up for a
time near grand ilse which would lead to water backing up quickly
in a short period of time. Minor flooding is possible.
* Elsewhere, river and stream levels are still running very high
with the mattwawmkeag river in Mattawamkeag out of its banks and
flooding is occurring in that region. The Penobscot and
Piscataquis rivers as well as the Stillwater river are receding
and below flood stage.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Statement as of 9:35 AM EDT on April 17, 2014
... Record low temperature set at Portland ME...
A record low temperature of 22 degrees was set at Portland ME this
morning. This breaks the old record of 24 degrees set back in 2003.
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Frost Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Maryland - Frost Advisory
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Flood Warning , Record Report
- New Jersey - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Vermont - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report