Current Watches and Warnings
Maine, Central Somerset
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 1:19 AM EDT on September 03, 2014
Expires 3:15 AM EDT on September 03, 2014
The National Weather Service in Gray Maine has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
southwestern Somerset County in west central Maine...
central Oxford County in western Maine...
southern Franklin County in western Maine...
* until 315 am EDT
* at 119 am EDT... Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause minor flooding in the advisory area.
Up to two inches of rain have already fallen.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Farmington... Rumford... Madison... Jay... Dixfield... Kingfield...
Canton... Bingham... Andover... Carrabassett Valley... Wilton... Weld...
Mexico... Phillips... Norridgewock... Anson... Chesterville...
Cornville... Hartford and Athens.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice... turn around... dont drown.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... as well as farm and country roads. Do not
attempt to travel across flooded roads. Find alternate routes.
Lat... Lon 4493 6956 4438 7042 4462 7085 4524 7016
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Fire Weather Warning
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Lake Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning