Statement as of 4:05 PM CDT on October 17, 2017
Expires 6:00 AM EDT on October 18, 2017
... Near critical fire weather conditons expected Wednesday...
A sharp cold front is expected to move through the region on
Wednesday, bringing very dry conditions to most of northeast
Minnesota. The region will approach critical fire weather
conditions with relative humidity values below 30 percent for
areas inland from Lake Superior and west winds of 15 to 20 mph
with gusts 20 to 25 mph expected.
Any fires that develop may spread quickly.
Statement as of 3:02 PM CDT on October 17, 2017
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 18, 2017
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Wednesday afternoon through
Wednesday evening for strong winds and low humidity values for
portions of northern Minnesota...
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect from Wednesday afternoon through
* Affected area... in Minnesota... fire weather zones 010 and 018.
* Timing... early afternoon into the early evening.
* Winds... west 15 to 20 mph with gusts of 25 to 30 mph.
* Relative humidity... 20 to 25 percent.
* Temperatures... highs in the low 60s.
* Impacts... any fires that develop may spread quickly.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.