Statement as of 2:58 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 12:00 PM EST on January 17, 2018
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect until 11 am CST this
... Winter Weather Advisory will expire at 3 am CST early this
* what... very cold wind chills expected. The cold wind chills will
cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.
Expect wind chills to range from 5 to 15 degrees above zero
* Where... portions of southeast Louisiana, southeast Mississippi
and southern Mississippi.
* When... now to 11 am this morning.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frost bite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
Statement as of 3:52 AM CST on January 17, 2018
Expires 1:00 PM EST on January 17, 2018
1222 am CST Wed Jan 17 2018
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect until noon CST today...
... Hard freeze warning remains in effect from 5 PM this afternoon
to 11 am CST Thursday...
* temperature... lows will fall into the mid teens to lower 20s
along and north of the I-10/12 corridor. South of I-10 lows
will range from 20 to 25. These temperatures will be similar
* Duration... freezing conditions will likely last for through noon
today and then 12 to 18 hours tonight into Thursday morning.
A hard freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are
imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and
other sensitive vegetation.