Statement as of 10:31 AM MDT on May 24, 2018
Expires 3:45 AM EDT on May 28, 2018
959 am MDT Thu may 24 2018
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
northwestern Gallatin County in south central Montana...
* until 1015 PM MDT Saturday.
* Increasing snowmelt rates combined with multiple rounds of showers
and thunderstorms is expected to lead to continued rises along the
Gallatin river through the Memorial Day weekend.
Point forecast for the Gallatin river near Logan.
* As of 9 am Thursday, the stage was 8.9 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... reach flood stage this afternoon, then continue rising
to near 10.6 feet by Tuesday morning.
* Impacts... low lying fields near the river may begin to flood. Some
smaller roads and bridges may also be impacted.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Those planning to recreate on or near the Jefferson river over
Memorial Day weekend are encouraged to be mindful of fast flows and
higher water levels.
Those not experiencing flooding now, may begin to see flooding by
this weekend or early next week.
Lat... Lon 4590 11134 4588 11134 4588 11145 4590 11150
4592 11147 4590 11143