Statement as of 2:48 PM EST on December 13, 2017
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 14, 2017
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 7 am
* locations... the northern mountains of western North Carolina.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... winds will increase this evening and continue through
early Thursday morning.
* Winds... west to northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Impacts... strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power
lines. Scattered power outages are expected.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.