Statement as of 3:26 PM EST on December 11, 2017
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 13, 2017
... Wind Advisory in effect from 4 am Tuesday to 7 am EST
Wednesday above 3500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued
a Wind Advisory above 3500 feet, which is in effect from 4 am
Tuesday to 7 am EST Wednesday.
* Locations... the central and southern mountains of western North
Carolina above 3500 feet elevation.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Timing... starting early Tuesday morning lasting through daybreak
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Impacts... gusty winds will blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.