Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Mecklenburg
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 10:40 PM EST on March 06, 2014
Expires 12:00 PM EST on March 07, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon EST
* locations... the southern Piedmont of North Carolina... and
portions of the South Carolina mountains.
* Hazards... light accumulation of sleet and freezing rain.
* Timing... as temperatures cool... freezing rain will become more
widespread across the southern foothills and Piedmont of North
Carolina. Freezing rain will then change back to rain during the
early morning hours.
* Accumulations... a tenth to a quarter inch of sleet and ice.
* Impacts... slippery roads due to the combination of sleet and
ice. A few power outages will be possible Friday morning due
to tree limbs falling onto power lines.
* Temperatures... lows in the lower 30s.
* Winds... northeast 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Areal Flood Warning
Statement as of 2:39 AM EST on March 07, 2014
Expires 8:30 AM EST on March 07, 2014
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
east central Mecklenburg County in the Piedmont of North
southwestern Cabarrus County in the Piedmont of North Carolina...
* until 830 am EST
At 230 am... radar rainfall estimates and automated rain gauges
indicate that 1.25 to 1.5 inches of rain has fallen tonight across
northern Mecklenburg and southern Cabarrus counties. At 230 am... an
automated stream gauge on Mallard creek at Harrisburg was 10.8 feet
and rising steadily. Flood stage at this location is 12 feet. Based
on the recent rate of rising water... Mallard creek at Harrisburg is
expected to flood by 4 am.
Heavy rain in the Mallard Creek Area... between Charlotte and
Harrisburg... will cause rapid rises on Mallard creek. Flooding of
low lying areas near Mallard and stoney creeks will be possible...
especially along Mallard creek church and David Taylor... north Tryon
street... Pavillion Boulevard... browne and Hubbard roads.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding. If flash flooding is observed act quickly. Do
not enter the water. Turn around and move up to higher ground to
escape flood waters. Do not stay in areas subject to flooding when
water begins rising.
Do not drive your vehicle into areas where the water covers the
roadway. The water depth may be too great to allow your car to cross
Please report high water... flooding... landslides or other severe
weather to the National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg by
calling toll free... 1... 800... 2 6 7... 8 1 0 1... or by posting on our
facebook Page... or tweet it using hashtag nwsgsp. Your message should
describe the event and the specific location where it occurred.
Lat... Lon 3534 8050 3521 8064 3532 8080 3542 8074
Local Storm Report
03/06/2014 0315 PM
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County.
Sleet e0.0 inch, reported by public.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 11:04 PM EST on March 06, 2014
The following are unofficial snow and/or sleet observations taken
during the past 9 hours for the storm that has been affecting our
region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments...
cooperative observers... Skywarn spotters... media and the public for
these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Rabun County...
4 NW Clayton 0.3 626 PM 3/06 co-op observer
Clayton T 530 PM 3/06 Emergency Mngr
... Alexander County...
Stony Point 0.5 710 PM 3/06 public
2 SW Stony Point T 525 PM 3/06 public
2 N Bethlehem T 520 PM 3/06 public
... Avery County...
Beech Mountain 1.5 943 PM 3/06 local police
... Buncombe County...
3 NNE Fairview 1.0 733 PM 3/06 3700 feet
5 N Bat Cave 0.1 642 PM 3/06 public
avl Airport T 701 PM 3/06 Fire Dept/Rescue
Asheville T 745 PM 3/06 amateur radio
... Burke County...
1 WSW Drexel 0.3 926 PM 3/06 broadcast media
1 NNW Longview T 600 PM 3/06 Hickory Airport
Drexel T 600 PM 3/06 social media report
Morganton T 605 PM 3/06 public
... Cabarrus County...
Kannapolis T 443 PM 3/06 public
... Caldwell County...
2 ESE Lenoir 0.2 730 PM 3/06 social media report
Lenoir T 641 PM 3/06 amateur radio
... Catawba County...
2 WNW Newton T 508 PM 3/06 public
... Cleveland County...
Polkville T 457 PM 3/06 social media report
Kings Mountain T 335 PM 3/06 public
... Davie County...
1 S Mocksville T 633 PM 3/06 public
... Gaston County...
Gastonia T 322 PM 3/06 public
... Haywood County...
Canton T 620 PM 3/06 public
... Henderson County...
Hendersonville T 630 PM 3/06 public
... Iredell County...
1 E Harmony T 547 PM 3/06 public
... McDowell County...
5 NW Woodlawn 4.0 1050 PM 3/06 public
2 NW Marion 0.2 820 PM 3/06 co-op observer
... Mecklenburg County...
Charlotte T 315 PM 3/06 public
... Mitchell County...
2 SSE Spruce Pine 2.0 956 PM 3/06 social media report
... Polk County...
1 N Saluda T 530 PM 3/06 cocorahs
... Rowan County...
Salisbury T 500 PM 3/06 public
2 NNW Salisbury T 545 PM 3/06 public
... Rutherford County...
Forest City T 454 PM 3/06 social media report
... Transylvania County...
2 W Little River T 650 PM 3/06 public
... Oconee County...
Salem 0.1 631 PM 3/06 public
Walhalla T 408 PM 3/06 trained spotter
... York County...
Fort Mill T 700 PM 3/06 social media report
- Alaska - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arizona - Fire Weather Watch
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning
- District of Columbia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory, Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Freezing Rain Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Air Quality Alert
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Winter Weather Advisory
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement