Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Stanly
Statement as of 10:05 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 8:15 PM EDT on April 20, 2014
The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Rocky River near Norwood.
* Until Sunday evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:45 PM Saturday the stage was 19.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise
to near 21.1 feet after midnight. The river will fall below flood stage
* Impact... at 20.0 feet... minor flood stage. There is significant
overflow into adjacent lowlands.
The following are the latest observations and 7 am forecast stages
for the next several days...
fld observed forecast 7 am
location stg stg day time sun Mon Tue Wed Thu
Norwood 20 19.3 Sat 10 PM 20.1 7.5 4.7 3.9 3.5
To convert the above stage readings to above mean sea level (ft), add
the following to the stage:
Lat... Lon 3525 8027 3521 8015 3519 8004 3511 8009
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning