Current Watches and Warnings
North Carolina, Outer Banks Hyde
Statement as of 11:07 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
... Strong thunderstorms will move across Pamlico... Onslow...
Carteret... Craven... Duplin... Jones... Outer Banks Hyde and Lenoir
counties through midnight EDT...
At 1106 PM EDT... Doppler radar indicated a line of strong
thunderstorms along a line extending from Kornegay to Taylors Corner
to 7 miles southeast of Comfort to Long Lake... or along a line
extending from 14 miles southeast of Mount Olive to 12 miles
northwest of Half Moon to 8 miles northeast of Half Moon to 6 miles
west of Havelock... moving east at 40 mph.
Locations in the path of these storms include... Newport... Deep Run...
North Harlowe... Harlowe... North River... Bettie.
deadly cloud to ground lightning.
Heavy rainfall and minor flooding.
These storms will produce heavy rainfall... which will cause minor
flooding of low lying areas including ditches... creeks... roadways and
areas of poor drainage. Avoid these areas and do not cross flooded
roads. Motorists should also reduce driving speeds to avoid
Lat... Lon 3519 7652 3518 7652 3496 7680 3507 7700
3501 7698 3498 7693 3492 7677 3508 7647
3495 7643 3504 7636 3511 7595 3510 7595
3478 7638 3478 7641 3493 7624 3478 7646
3478 7729 3488 7804 3513 7808
time... Mot... loc 0306z 265deg 33kt 3508 7785 3498 7754
3493 7739 3489 7699
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement