Current Watches and Warnings
North Dakota, Williams
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Statement as of 4:43 PM MDT on July 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on July 24, 2014
Severe Thunderstorm Watch 439 remains in effect until 900 PM MDT
. North Dakota counties included are
Burke Divide Dunn
McKenzie Mountrail Williams
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 4:20 PM CDT on July 24, 2014
... Safety rules for severe Summer storms...
A (severe thunderstorm/tornado) watch has been issued by the
National Weather Service. The following information and safety
rules may save your life.
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable for the
development of severe thunderstorms and possibly tornadoes.
During a watch... you should go about your normal business... but
stay updated on the latest weather developments and be prepared
to go to a place of safety.
A warning means that severe thunderstorms or tornadoes have been
reported... or have been detected by radar. People in the warned area
should seek shelter immediately.
Severe thunderstorms produce damaging winds... large hail... heavy
rains... and deadly lightning. Watch for signs of an approaching
storm. Keep a NOAA Weather Radio with you.
Flying debris from damaging thunderstorm winds can injure or
kill. Seek shelter from the wind. Stay away from windows and move
to the center of the building.
Lightning is a killer so do not use electrical appliances during
thunderstorms. Use the phone only in an emergency. If caught
outdoors... get off of open vehicles such as farm and construction
Avoid areas prone to flash flooding such as Dry Creek beds... small
streams and dips in the Road.
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Illinois - Flood Advisory
- Iowa - Heat Advisory
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Heat Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Nebraska - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Watch , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert, Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Record Report
- Virginia - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report