Current Watches and Warnings
Oregon, Central Douglas County
Statement as of 2:42 AM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 9:14 PM EST on December 23, 2014
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Coquille river at Coquille.
* From Sunday afternoon to Tuesday evening.
* At 1:30 am Saturday the stage was 12.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Forecast... minor flooding is expected by Sunday afternoon.
* Impact... at 21.0 feet... the Coquille river is at flood stage. Expect
flooding of farmland and low-lying areas throughout the flood plain
along the Coquille river.
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 23.6 feet
on Dec 3 2012.
Do not drive through flooded areas or roads. The water may be too
deep to allow for safe passage or there may be unseen damage to the
roadway. Use alternate routes and stay away from riverbanks.
For the latest river stages and forecasts, visit our web Page at
www.Weather.Gov/Medford or listen to NOAA Weather Radio.
Lat... Lon 4312 12442 4307 12416 4310 12412 4323 12422 4316 12441
Areal Flood Watch
Statement as of 2:01 AM PST on December 20, 2014
Expires 1:00 AM EST on December 22, 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect from this afternoon through
The Flood Watch continues for
* a portion of southwest Oregon... including the following area...
central Douglas County.
* From this afternoon through Sunday evening.
* Heavy rainfall will cause rapid rises on area streams... creeks
and rivers. There is also the potential for urban flooding in
areas of poor drainage and due to ponding of water on
* Heavy rainfall may also cause mudslides... Rockslides and
debris flows on area roadways... especially near the coastal
mountains and into the Cascade foothills... including Highway
38... Highway 138 and Highway 42.
Landslides and debris flows are possible during this flood event.
People... structures and roads located below steep slopes... in
canyons and near the mouths of canyons may be a serious risk from
rapidly moving landslides. A Flood Watch means there is a
potential for flooding based on current forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible
flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be
prepared to take action should flooding develop.
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Warning