Statement as of 2:15 AM PST on January 16, 2018
Expires 7:00 AM EST on January 18, 2018
... High wind watch remains in effect from Wednesday afternoon
through late Wednesday night...
* winds... south 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph possible.
* Timing... south winds will increase Wednesday afternoon and may
become strong through Wednesday night.
* Locations include... Highway 395 from Lakeview north to the
Highway 31 interchange, most of Highway 31 including Paisley,
Summer Lake, and Silver Lake, and the higher terrain around
the Klamath and Lake County line.
* Impacts... driving may become difficult on area roadways,
especially for high profile vehicles. In populated areas,
unsecured items may be blown about.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest