Statement as of 2:08 PM PDT on June 23, 2017
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on June 27, 2017
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday morning through
Monday evening for abundant lightning and gusty outflow winds for
fire weather zones 640 and 644...
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from Monday morning through
* Affected area... in Oregon... fire weather zone 640 covering the
Prineville district and the Crooked River National Grasslands.
In orz644... the lower elevations covering the John Day valley...
the Grande Ronde Valley... and the Heppner district.
* Timing... thunderstorms will develop in central Oregon Monday
morning then eastern Oregon Monday afternoon.
* Lightning activity... 4 which means frequent lightning is
expected and moderate rain is commonly produced.
* Precipitation... storms will initially bring little
precipitation but will gradually become wet with some storms
producing moderate to heavy downpours.
* Impacts... any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly in
The Grasses and shrubs. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.