Current Watches and Warnings
Rhode Island, Western Kent
Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 1:11 AM EDT on May 24, 2013
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on May 24, 2013
... Flash Flood Watch in effect until noon EDT today...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has expanded the
* Flash Flood Watch to include portions of Massachusetts and
Rhode Island... including the following areas... in
Massachusetts... eastern Norfolk MA... eastern Plymouth MA...
northern Bristol MA... southern Bristol MA... southern Plymouth
MA... Suffolk MA... western Norfolk MA and western Plymouth MA.
In Rhode Island... Bristol RI... eastern Kent RI... Newport RI...
northwest Providence RI... southeast Providence RI... Washington
RI and western Kent RI.
* Until noon EDT today
* persistent moderate to heavy rainfall is expected overnight into
Friday morning. Satellite and radar imagery depict a long band
of heavy rain moving toward Rhode Island and southeast
Massachusetts. Thus... have expanded the watch into these areas.
Heavy rainfall during the early morning hours... particularly
within stronger thunderstorms... could result in flash flooding.
* The main concern will be for urban areas and smaller
tributaries... streams and creeks.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:57 PM EDT on May 23, 2013
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 8
hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation
is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn
spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available
on our home Page at weather.Gov/Boston
********************storm total rainfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments
... Hartford County...
Avon 1.83 1046 PM 5/23 ham radio
Collinsville 1.76 910 PM 5/23 none
1 WNW Windsor Locks 1.55 941 PM 5/23 bdl ASOS
West Hartford 1.30 940 PM 5/23 NWS nepp
Bristol 1.10 535 PM 5/23 media
New Britain 1.09 504 PM 5/23 ham radio
... Hampden County...
Granville 1.93 935 PM 5/23 NWS nepp
Southwick 1.81 1022 PM 5/23 none
Chester 1.79 1047 PM 5/23 ham radio
2 ENE Westfield 1.01 531 PM 5/23 baf ASOS
... Hampshire County...
Chesterfield 1.02 326 PM 5/23 ham radio
- Alabama - Fire Weather Watch
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Maryland - Freeze Warning
- Massachusetts - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Frost Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Freeze Warning
- New Hampshire - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Frost Advisory
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Rhode Island - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Vermont - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Freeze Warning
- Washington - Flood Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Special Weather Statement , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.