Statement as of 2:29 PM EDT on April 19, 2018
Expires 1:00 AM EDT on April 20, 2018
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EDT Friday...
* locations... along and west of the Blue Ridge, especially the
* Hazards... strong gusty winds.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts 45 to 50 mph.
* Timing... strong gusty winds today and into this evening.
* Impacts... small tree limbs may break and fall. Sporadic power
outages are possible.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.