Statement as of 2:39 PM EST on December 11, 2017
Expires 7:00 AM EST on December 13, 2017
... Wind Advisory in effect from 4 am Tuesday to 7 am EST
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 4 am Tuesday to 7 am EST
* Locations... along the southern Blue Ridge.
* Hazards... strong wind gusts.
* Winds... northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
* Timing... Tuesday morning into late Tuesday night, with the
strongest winds Tuesday afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... traveling will be difficult for higher
profile vehicles. Some weaker or dead trees could be uprooted,
with limbs also likely to break. Isolated power outages
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast to be
31 to 39 mph or gusts will range between 46 and 57 mph. Winds of
these magnitudes may cause minor property damage without extra
precautions. Motorists in high profile vehicles should use extra
caution until the winds subside.