Statement as of 9:28 PM EDT on October 17, 2017
Expires 9:00 AM EDT on October 18, 2017
... Frost advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 9 am EDT
* locations... foothills and Piedmont of Virginia and North
Carolina, including the Roanoke and southern Shenandoah
* Hazards... patches to areas of frost mainly in river valleys
and outlying rural farmlands.
* Temperatures... lows 33 to 38.
* Timing... late tonight into Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... sensitive outdoor plants left unprotected may be
damaged or killed.
A frost advisory means that frost is expected. Sensitive outdoor
plants may be killed if left uncovered.