Statement as of 12:46 PM PDT on May 27, 2017
Expires 3:46 PM EDT on May 28, 2017
The Flood Warning continues for
the Okanogan river near Tonasket.
* Until further notice.
* At 12:15 PM Saturday the stage was 15.93 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring.
* Forecast... the river is expected to continue to fall through
Monday to near 15.2 ft, and then forecast to rise again by
Monday night and possibly continue for the rest of the week.
Lat... Lon 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945
* at 17.0 feet... low lying fields and pasture land in the flood
plain along the Okanogan River Valley, from Oroville to Okanogan,
will be flooded. Some homes near the river in Okanogan may
experience some basement flooding from seepage. Water will be
between the Railroad and Highway 97 near Cordell, south of
Oroville. Water will be against The Shoulder of Omak River Road
across from wanacut creek.
* At 16.0 feet... pasture land between Rodeo track Road and Benton
street, on the east side of the river near Omak, will begin to
* At 15.0 feet... minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between
Oroville and Tonasket.