Statement as of 3:44 PM PDT on May 22, 2018
Expires 7:15 PM EDT on May 25, 2018
1238 PM PDT Tue may 22 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the Okanogan river near Tonasket.
* Until further notice.
* At 3:15 PM Tuesday the stage was 16.89 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.00 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river is expected to continue to continue falling
through Wednesday morning and then rise to near 17.9 feet on Sunday
and then begin falling.
* At 19.0 feet... water may be into homes along the river in and near
* At 18.0 feet... water will be approaching homes along the river in
and near Tonasket. Major flooding of surrounding cropland is
likely. Some homes and buildings adjacent to the river will
experience some basement and first floor flooding.
* At 17.0 feet... low lying fields and pasture land in the flood plain
along the Okanogan River Valley, from Oroville to Okanogan, will be
flooded. Some homes near the river in Okanogan may experience some
basement flooding from seepage. Water will be between the Railroad
and Highway 97 near Cordell, south of Oroville. Water will be
against The Shoulder of Omak River Road across from wanacut creek.
* At 16.0 feet... pasture land between Rodeo track Road and Benton
street, on the east side of the river near Omak, will begin to
* At 15.0 feet... minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between
Oroville and Tonasket.
Lat... Lon 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945