Current Watches and Warnings
Washington, Waterville Plateau
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 10:47 PM PST on November 20, 2014
Expires 9:00 AM EST on November 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from noon Friday to
6 am PST Saturday...
* locations... Republic... Inchelium... Wauconda... Chesaw Road...
Highway 20 Wauconda Summit... Boulder Creek Road... Sherman
Pass... Omak... Okanogan... Brewster... Bridgeport... Oroville...
Nespelem... Disautel pass... Waterville... Mansfield... Badger
* Snow level... valley floors.
* Snow accumulations... 3 to 6 inches of snow in the valleys and
in the mountains 6 to 12 inches.
* Timing... steady snow will begin Friday afternoon and continue
through the night. Precipitation may mix or switch over to
freezing rain and sleet on the Waterville Plateau. Steady snow
will taper off to snow showers Saturday morning.
* Impacts... snow covered roads will make travel difficult or
impossible over area roads. Any periods of freezing rain will
create icy conditions on top of snow.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means significant amounts
of snow are expected or occurring. Snow accumulations will make
travel very hazardous or impossible.
Air Stagnation Advisory
Statement as of 11:05 AM PST on November 20, 2014
Expires 3:00 PM EST on November 21, 2014
... Air stagnation advisory remains in effect until noon PST
* air quality... light winds and stable conditions will increase
the potential for the build up of pollutants near the surface.
* Timing... continuing through noon Friday.
* Counties included... boundary... Bonner... Kootenai... Benewah...
Shoshone... Okanogan... Ferry... Stevens... Pend Oreille...
Chelan... Douglas... Grant... Lincoln... Adams... Spokane...
Whitman... Garfield... and Asotin counties.
* Communities included... Bonners Ferry... Sandpoint... Coeur
D'Alene... Kellogg... St Maries... Spokane... Colville... Republic
... Grand Coulee... Moses Lake... Wenatchee... and Waterville.
* Impacts... prolonged periods of stagnant air can hold fine
particulates close to the ground and degrade air quality.
An air stagnation advisory indicates that due to limited movement
of an air mass across the advisory area... pollution has the
potential to increase to dangerous levels. Persons with
respiratory illness should follow their physicians advice for
dealing with high levels of air pollution.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch , Record Report
- California - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Air Stagnation Advisory
- Illinois - Freezing Rain Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Freezing Rain Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Freezing Rain Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Michigan - Lake Effect Snow Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory
- Nevada - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Areal Flood Watch , Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning
- Ohio - Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch
- Oregon - High Surf Warning , High Surf Warning, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Air Stagnation Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Lake Effect Snow Advisory , Lake Effect Snow Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Tornado Watch
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Special Weather Statement
- Washington - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Air Stagnation Advisory
- Wisconsin - Freezing Rain Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Special Statement , Special Weather Statement
- - Tornado Watch